My friend Lori recently got published in the Lansing State Journal on the Opinion page. YEA, Lori!
Freedom Counts
If we live in America, and last I checked we do, then why do so many people want to force their Bible on me?
Maybe, I'm not Christian, like 75 percent of the world's population. Maybe, I'm glad that I live here so I can have freedom of religion and not have one particular religion shoved in my face.
Oh sure, there are those of you that will say, "America was founded on the Bible." That's true, along with the idea of freedom of religion. That means to me that my Jewish, Muslim and/or Wiccan and/or whatever friends can be whatever religion they want to be. Isn't that why we stay in America and not relocate to some oppressive country that makes us be one religion or another.
And without sounding too trite, isn't that what makes this country - nay the world - so interesting?
D. Curry
Lansing
You can read it online here.
The New PostSecret Book
12 years ago
2 Comments:
Congrats Lori! Very well said and very timely. Thanks for taking the risk to make a stand.
thanks Jamili. I am taking a master's program in a Christian univ., although I am not Christian, I like the education. But I get tired of people trying to make me be something I'm not. I'm sure the locals will crucify me.... LOL. But I don't care.
Post a Comment