My brush with fame!


Last night my local public library hosted Allison Bechdel, the author of the comic "dykes to watch out for" (yea tucson pima public library!). She talked about her comic and about her new memoir Fun Home. Dorthy Allison (author of Bastard Out of Carolina - this book is the reason I got into Women's Studies) reviewed Fun Home and said: “Brave and forthright and insightful--exactly what Alison Bechdel does best.”


Read Dykes to Watch Out For

Thursday, June 01, 2006

2 Comments:

Lori C said...

I loved Bastard Out of Carolina too. So, did Allison say she was going to make you a new character in her comics.

melinda said...

I just ordered the book from this new local bookstore on Michigan Ave. I can't wait to read it.

 
being fearless - Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger