HADITH OF THE DAY: WHEN HONESTY IS LOST
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "When honesty is lost, then wait for the Hour (of Judgment Day)." He was then asked: "How will honesty be lost?" The Prophet replied: When authority is given to those who do not deserve it."Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Hadith 503
The Prophet also said: "Anyone whom God has given the authority of ruling some people and he does not look after them in an honest manner, will never experience even the scent of Paradise."Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Hadith 264
3 Comments:
Daode Jing, chpater 75:
If the people are difficult to govern, there's a good chance the government has tried too hard to impose a single way of life on the empire.
If we are appropriately modest about our confidence in having found the right way to live, we will not be inclined to push, force, beat, or kill people to make them "better" (by our own lights)- or bring about covetous ideas in the populace.
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Taoism, pp 219-220.
Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A unity of humans
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one
"Imagine" John Lennon
This gives me something to think on.
Post a Comment