
Today, in week 5 of my internship (talk about government efficiency) we had to take the "oath of office." The "oath" included promising to uphold the Constitution of the United States. I was good promising to do my best to defend the rights of the oppressed, understanding the separation of powers (the president _doesn't_ get to control the judiciary), and agreeing to maintain the right to bear arms until they made us promise to do it in the name of God. Seemed to me like a test of to see if we really agree with constitutional imperitive to the separation of church and state. I think those who did so will be brought up on charges of treason or just tortured with a mind-numbing orientation for the next week. I, personally, would rather a stint in Guantanmo.
1 Comment:
hmm... i am not sure how i feel about that... when are you getting shipped away? how long before i get to rescue you??? i'll call Michael Moore!!
Post a Comment