Update

Just thought I'd write a little about how the job search is going, since there are only three things I'm thinking about these days: graduation, job search and chocolate (cuz that's always on my mind).

First, I interviewed with Intermountain Behavioral Centers last Wednesday for an In-home counselor position and the pay isn't too bad. It was with the human resources department, so I still have to meet with the team and see if I'd fit with them.

Second, I interviewed with St. Joe's Hospital for a medical social worker position. They sent 10 social workers to intimidate me, but I managed to survive the inquisition. Not sure I want to do the position (see any blog post from my first internship and that should give you an idea why I'm hesitant), but it would likely pay the best of any of them.

As I was going home from St. Joe's, I got the third call, from CODAC for a counselor position. It's a lot of group counseling, which wouldn't be my first choice, but it would give me the chance to be licensed which is my long-term goal. I interview with them on Wednesday.

And, finally, I got a call today about an interview with Compass Behavioral Health. They do addictions counseling. I will call her back tomorrow and get the whole story.

On the other hand, I got a rejection email from La Frontera for a job I really wanted counseling adults because they want someone with a license already. So, I'm not too discouraged, but a little bummed cuz it would have been a great job.

We're still keeping our fingers crossed!

Monday, May 05, 2008

1 Comment:

Lori C said...

wow. that's fantastic that you're getting so many opportunities now.

 
being fearless - Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger