i should hear by the end of this week if i got into the MSW program at ASU. i was just remembering the last time i found out i wasn't accepted into a MSW program. rene and i were living in haslett and she brought home sushi from mursaki cuz that was our favorite and i knew i wasn't going to get it, but i had to try. but it didn't matter so much. i felt completely invincible. now, i'm not sure. not sure if i will get in. not sure if this is the direction i want to take. not sure where i want to end up. i've lost some of that self-confidence that dominated my early 20's. maybe that's ok. i'm more pragmatic. i pay my bills on time and get regular oil changes for my car. i just wish that translated into knowing what i want to be when i grow up. maybe going to grad school will help. maybe i'll just be another $20,000 in debt.
this time i'll have sushi at sushi-hama. even though it's not as good as mursaki. it's a lot closer.
cheers,
-D.
The New PostSecret Book
12 years ago
3 Comments:
I'm a MSW. I'll tell you a few things.
1. You can get into a program somewhere. ASU is probably more competitive, but their are some schools that accept almost everyone.
2. Where you get your degree from isn't nesicarily all that important. I would say location is probably more important.
3. I like what I am doing now in general. What I like the most about being an MSW is getting to work for good and not some evil corporate terrorist corporation in the sick business world. What I like least is that they except you to act a certain way and be all proper and ^%$#&^ all of the time, at least in my experience. I try to avoid other MSW's in my spare time because of this.
hon, whether you do or do not get into this grad school... I will still buy you some sushi. But, really, although you may not see it in yourself, you have many amazing qualities that any person or program or whatever cannot deny! You may not feel as invincible as, say... Super Girl... but it seems like it's the possible reality of not getting in that you are letting take over your thoughts. It is ok to understand that possibility, but that should not overwhelm the thought that you have every reason to get in.
The same, i feel, applies to how you think about your future, and what you want to be when you "grow up." I know it's difficult to know for sure what you want to do, i think we all have that feeling... a lot of the time... but, we can't let it scare us. Because fear will do nothing but prevent you from finding your answers.
I absolutely love you and I am here for and with you through your journey. I know that some day soon you will find peace.
...now i need to finish my paper (blah!) xoxoxo
What? No pictures? And not all MSW's are politically correct. Just think about all the ps workers you know and how bad we are.... bad meaning naughty.
smooches
Post a Comment