
i got home and flipped on USA network cuz they usually have monk or law & order. but, no. they are playing the movie Big Fish, which is one the saddest/happiest movies there is. (and it makes me think of rene cuz her email is bigfishproductions.) at it's heart it's a love story and the story of a boy trying to understand his father. isn't that what every child wants: to understand their parents? how do children reconcile their parents (the flaws, the stories, the imperfections, the human-ness) when the parent is dying or has passed away?
here are some of my favorite quotes:
Most men, they'll tell you a story straight through. It won't be complicated, but it won't be interesting either.
(son's vision of his father's funeral) Everybody's there, and I mean everybody. And the strange thing is, there's not a sad face to be found, everyone's just so happy to see you.
I know better than to argue about romance with a French woman.
There comes a point when any reasonable man will swallow his pride and admit he made a mistake. The truth is... I was never a reasonable man.
Church people drive too slow.
It was that night I discovered that most things you consider evil or wicked are simply lonely, and lacking in the social niceties.
I was thinking about death and all. About seeing how you're gonna die. I mean, on one hand, if dying was all you thought about, it could kind of screw you up. But it could kind of help you, couldn't it? Because you'd know that everything else you can survive.
The New PostSecret Book
12 years ago
1 Comment:
i'm surprised you liked that movie, and then to be able to quote it? wow.
Post a Comment